Golden rules of winning bids and funding applications
How to find tendering opportunities – and win
09:00 - 17:00
This course is a practical, interactive and valuable guide to writing bids. Delegates will learn how to find tendering opportunities, to effectively manage the tendering and procurement process – and to significantly increase the chances of creating success.
Who will Benefit?
The course is relevant for organisations of any size in any sector, wanting to know how to successfully bid for contracts in the public and private sectors. Organisations investigating bids and tenders as a new route to market, or those more familiar with formal procurement processes will find the course equally useful.
The course will help delegates to understand what it takes to write a winning bid, not merely a compliant one.
This one day workshop based course includes practical guidance and advice on all aspects of the bidding process.
Having attended the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what tendering opportunities are available, and know how and where to find them
- Understand the ‘language’ of bids and tenders
- Understand how to ‘qualify’ each opportunity, by compiling a sound business case for it
- Recognise the ‘golden rules’ of bidding to ensure the bid process is managed in an efficient and effective way
- Identify their organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, and selling points, particularly those that create differentiation in proposals and bids
- Understand what it takes to create a winning bid, as well as a compliant one
- Understand how to improve their bid win-rate
- Understand how to manage procurement process and contracts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone in public and private sector who deals with bids, tenders and contracts:
- Transport professionals writing bids and business cases
- Project Managers
- Contracts, compliance and assurance managers
- Business development managers
- Qualifying opportunities – to bid or not to bid?
- Kicking off the bid process
- Bid project management / ownership
- Bid document construction and presentation – how to write method statements
- Submission guidelines
- Feedback, Freedom of Information and knowledge management – learning through experience
- GIVE and SWOT analysis – creating winning sales messages to ensure your proposition is a winner
- Pricing to win – creating a value proposition, not just a price list
- Introducing the perfect Executive Summary
- Features, benefits and differentiators – how to use them to your advantage
- The golden rules of bidding
The case for case studies – identifying the best way to prove your expertise and discuss your work based cases;
- Signposting to additional support + Q and A session
Emma Jaques, CP APMP
A business development specialist, Emma is experienced in helping organisations to create strategic and tactical programmes to meet their immediate and longer-term challenges.
Read Emma's full biography...
What delegates say about Emma Jacques
The participants will be offered course materials folder and a certificate of attendance