transport appraisal in investment decisions and ex-post evaluation
Thursday 6th June - 2019
09:00 - 17:00
This one day course will equip delegates with skills to undertake appraisal of multi-modal transport schemes and improve the links between appraisal and ex-post evaluation. The course will cover the appraisal and ex-post evaluation methods and techniques, and include case studies.
Who will Benefit?
The course is suitable for those who are new to the transport appraisal and for experienced professionals seeking to gain the Transport Planning Professional Qualification.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will:
• understand the principles of transport appraisal and benefit-cost analysis
• able to apply fit for purpose and proportionate appraisal in line with WebTAG
• be familiar with the requirement of producing a robust Value for Money case
• understand the role of transport appraisal tools (TUBA, COBALT and WITA)
• understand how to apply transport appraisal to real world case studies
• learn about the ex-post evaluation methods and techniques and
• understand how ex-post evaluation can improve the quality of transport appraisal
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Transport planners, transport modellers, business case writers, project managers, and team leaders both in public and private sector responsible for producing business cases and feasibility schemes, undertaking projects prioritisation process and managing monitoring and evaluation programme.
Introduction to transport appraisal
Purpose of ex-ante and ex-post appraisal
Techniques of cost-benefit analysis
Environmental and health appraisal
Wider impact/GVA appraisal
Treatment of risk and uncertainty in transport appraisal
WebTAG-based appraisal tables
Ex-ante appraisal case study
Monitoring and evaluation
Ex-post evaluation methods
Relationship among transport modelling, appraisal and evaluation
Ex-post appraisal case study
The participants will be offered course materials folder and a certificate of attendance